Valve has announced the results of its 2022 Steam Awards. As expected, Alden Ring won Game of the Year as well as Best Game You Soak It. Other winners include Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and Stre.
While the awards largely celebrate 2022 games, many older games found their way onto the list. Hitman 3 won Best VR Game, as that version of the game was released earlier this year. Cyberpunk 2077 also won the Labor of Love, celebrating games that receive updates or sustained attention. At least in the eyes of many Steam users, Cyberpunk 2077 has redeemed its rocky launch. Newly released ports of PlayStation games also performed well here, with Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and God of War winning awards. Sony’s push into PC gaming That seems to be having an effect, as other Sony-affiliated games like Stray gained recognition.
To celebrate the release of Steam Deck this year, Valve added a Best Game on the Go award, giving players the chance to vote for their favorite game to take with them. The Death Stranding director’s cut wins this one, which checks out. It’s easy to imagine the romance of a package delivery while traveling or relaxing in bed.
Steam Awards 2022 Winners
- Game of the Year: Alden Ring
- VR Game of the Year: Hitman 3
- Labor of Labor: Cyberpunk 2033
- Better with friends: Raft
- Outstanding Visual Style: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mel Morales
- Most advanced gameplay: Stray
- Best game you suck at: Alden Ring
- Best Soundtrack: Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
- Amazing Story Rich Game: God of War
- Sit back and relax: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Best game on the go: Death Stranding Director’s Cut
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.
for more games Click here