Overwatch 2 latest episode, Battle for Olympus, has arrived. The event also includes a number of new cosmetics, as well as an exclusive arcade mode, Battle for Olympus. This free-for-all mode gives heroes involved special, more powerful versions of their abilities. During the event you can buy various cosmetics from the item shop and earn some free rewards by completing challenges. Battle of Olympus will run from January 5 to 19.
Battle for Olympus game mode and challenges
Battle for Olympus Arcade Mode is a free deathmatch mode for eight players. However, it has a limited list of characters. There are seven heroes to choose from: Ramatra, Junker Queen, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Pharah, Widowmaker, and Lucio – each with a divine version of their ultimate ability. These divine ultimates last longer than the normal version and provide special buffs to each character’s other abilities. For example, Reinhardt can pin three enemies at once with his charge and, if he knocks them into a wall, he’s healed for 20 seconds after using his ultimate. While Widowmaker’s Ultimate is active, any enemies looking at her while she’s scoped are turned to stone.
There are 18 challenges related to the Battle for Olympus event, awarding Battle Pass XP, titles, voice lines, and the legendary Winged Victory Mercy skin, previously available during the Summer Games event in previous years. Also, whichever hero gets the most total kills in the entire community will have a statue placed on the Illios Ruins map.
The challenges are:
- Winged Victory – Complete 6 challenges in Battle of Olympus – Winged Victory Vol
- Olympian Champion – Win 10 games in Battle of Olympus – 5000 Battle Pass XP
- Blessing of Hephaestus – 20 Over Health Power Ups – 500 Battle Pass XP
- Elixir of the Gods – 5 Ultimate Charge Power Ups – 500 Battle Pass XP
- Poseidon’s Pride – Earn 300 Final Blues as Poseidon Ramattra – Poseidon Player’s Pride
- Zeus’s Favorite Child – Get 300 Final Blows as Zeus Junker Queen – Zeus’s Favorite Child player title
- Master of Minotaurs – Minotaur Reinhardt – Master of Minotaurs Player title Get 300 final blues
- Cyclops Skin – Earn 300 Final Blues as Cyclops Roadhog – Cyclops Player Title
- Sentinel of Hades – Get 300 Final Blows as Hades Pharah – Sentinel of Hades Player Title
- Acolyte of Medusa – Earn 300 Final Blues as Medusa Widowmaker – Acolyte of Medusa Player Title
- Herald of Hermes – Hermes Lucio – Herald of Hermes Player Title Get 300 Final Blues
- Voice of Poseidon – Get 25 final blows during his ultimate with Poseidon Ramatra – Kraken Ramatra voice line for free and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Voice of Zeus – Get 25 Final Blows during his ultimate with Zeus Junker Queen – Strike Like Lightning voice line and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Voice of the Minotaur – Get 25 Final Blows during Minotaur Reinhardt’s Ultimate – Minotaur Power Voice Line and Battle Pass XP.
- Voice of Cyclops – Get 25 Final Blows during his ultimate with Cyclops Roadhog – My Eye Voice Line and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Voice of Hades – Get 25 Final Blows with Hades Pharah during her Ultimate – Eternal Flames Voice Line and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Voice of Medusa – Get 25 Final Blows during her final with the Medusa Widowmaker – your own tombstone voice line and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Voice of Hermes – Get 25 Final Blows during his ultimate with Hermes Lucio – The God of Speed Voice Line and 1000 Battle Pass XP
Each of the seven heroes featured in the Battle for Olympus arcade mode has corresponding legendary skins. Three skins – Pharah, Ramatra, and Junker Queen – are available as part of the Premium Season 2 Battle Pass, but the remaining skins are now available in the shop.
The Minotaur Reinhardt bundle includes a legendary skin and a Minotaur spray. Cyclops Roadhog features legendary skin with an on-the-shoulder victory pose and a crushing blow highlight intro. The Medusa Widowmaker Bundle includes Legendary Skins with Petrified Hammond Souvenirs and the Death Star Highlight Intro. Finally, the Hermès Lucio bundle includes the leather and winged sandal weapon charms. It’s important to note that the Overwatch 2 item shop rotates every Tuesday morning. While there is no guarantee that these bundles will leave the store before the event ends, it is a possibility.
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.
for more games Click here